XFCE Desktop Environment
Xfce is a lightweight desktop environment for UNIX-like operating systems. It aims to be fast and low on system resources, while still being visually appealing and user friendly. (Changes Log)
What is Included?
- Networking with NetworkManager
- Pre-configured cpupower with known working settings.
- Yay AUR helper.
- Pamac software center.
- Use of Arc desktop theme and Papirus icon theme by default.
- Pre-configured bindings that give XFCE tiling functionality (see Keyboard/Window Manager on System Settings).
- SSH Enabled.
- Bigger and more readable tty font.
- Installed archlinuxdroid-repo for easier kernel and custom package upgrades.
- Realtime privileges enabled for alarm user for pro-audio.
- A nice space.jpg wallpaper!
Here are some basic screenshots:
Software Center provided by Pamac
- username: alarm
- password: alarm
- username: root
- password: root
The first boot setup wizard will let you easily change the default passwords for added security.
With latest image, after booting to the login manager wait some seconds because the system will grow the partition and setup locales, then a setup wizard will guide you to finish system setup, so make sure to have a display connected when booting the image.
Note: SuperKey is also known as WinKey
- Press SuperKey + a to open the applications menu.
- Press SuperKey + t to drop down the terminal
- Press SuperKey + f to go into fullscreen for applications that support it
- Press SuperKey + q to quit/close an application
For more bindings check the xfce settings.